This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Don't know which Antivirus program to get

18 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thanks for that URL :) How do you save the titles of the updates you've downloaded so you'll know for future refernce? For anyone reading this, does anyone know where I go/what I do to purchase a windows XP Genuine Updates with license? I could not find info on the cost and how to do that on the Windows site. Their print is too small! Thanks, Safira
If you look in your WINDOWS folder, the top set of subfolders will look like this –> $NtUninstallKB873339$. The KBxxxxxx part is the update # that was installed. The only way I know to get on Microsoft's Genuine user's list is to actually purchase a legit copy of their OS, install and register it. You can find XP Home version online for about $75. I just looked at www.pricewatch.com and that was the lowest asking price listed there. Hope that helps JoeJ
Thanks for letting me know that. ; )
How do I find my windows folder?

Do you know if its difficult to install/register windows operating system and how one does this?


Does this mean if i buy windows xp I have to uninstall the copy I have now?
I ask as I had to pay a lot to get Norton uninstalled and dont know about operating system conflicts.

bb, Safira
The Phone # for Windows XP support is [removed]. You are given 2 calls for technical support free and Unlimited support for installation, free. You might want to call them before you buy the CD and ask them what to do. I was able to buy the XP, Service Pack2, Home edition directly from them. Seriously, being honest with them about how you got your XP won't be a problem. When you do have your CD, they will tell you how to install it, I am 90% sure you just need to do a "repair" and won't lose any of your programs. Good Luck JoeJ
Thanks for the # :) I'll probalby need to do that….get all the info first before spending a lot of $ on it. What is the "repair" so I wont lose my programs? Do you know how long the xp cd is good for? Like if this old computer totally crashes and I have to get another one can I use the same xp cd? bb, Safira

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI