Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Which Antivirus Software Is Best?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rusty the Scoob

Rusty the Scoob

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 02:45 AM

I have legal, either purchased or bundled copies of 3 different antivirus software packages... Norton Systemworks 2003 (seems useless, scans take forever, doesn't notice viruses the other 2 notice), VCOM's System Suite, and Trend Micro's PCcillin. If you were me (XP pro w/SP2), which one(s) would you run and why?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 08:48 PM

I would go with Trend Micro's PCcillin. More personal preferecne than anything. Keep them up to date but only have 1 active antivirus scanner on your system.

#3 ChrisRLG

ChrisRLG

Emeritus-Spyware Fighter

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:53 AM

Good answer Siggyx. The best AV is the one that you will keep uptodate, both with virus signature files and with the AV engine. That being said the Norton one is two years old, so that would be my first to junk. Go with which ever one of the others has a update licence :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."