Safira
Topic Starter
Hi,
My antivirus subscription I have with Norton runs out in about 8 days!
They are charging around $50 for the 2006 version of their av software.
I had a serious hacktool rootkit virus infection last year (and I'm very grateful that Tomcoyote helped me get through that! ) and found out that the service from Norton was not friendly or adequate.
So, I'm trying to decide very soon as to what antivirus software to get.
A computer professional told me they highly recommend Panda but that it has certain system requirements & you need a robust system.
I have my internet service w/AOL and as part of their high fee you get Mcaffee av (havent tried that yet).
I wanted to ask which of these 2 programs (Panda and McAffee ) is more effective and easy to use?
Also, I have Windows XP Professional version 2002 with service pack 2.
But the problem is I found out last year that I dont have a legitimate copy of windows and no valid licensed product key
so the Microsoft Update site won't let me download updates from their site.
I have read on this site that its vital to get windows and IE upgraded w/all the security patches.
Do you know if there is any way I can get these updates since I cant get them from the site?
How much is my system at risk with not being able to get those updates directly from Microsoft?
Thank you for reading and I'd greatly appreciate any help
Safira
My antivirus subscription I have with Norton runs out in about 8 days!
They are charging around $50 for the 2006 version of their av software.
I had a serious hacktool rootkit virus infection last year (and I'm very grateful that Tomcoyote helped me get through that! ) and found out that the service from Norton was not friendly or adequate.
So, I'm trying to decide very soon as to what antivirus software to get.
A computer professional told me they highly recommend Panda but that it has certain system requirements & you need a robust system.
I have my internet service w/AOL and as part of their high fee you get Mcaffee av (havent tried that yet).
I wanted to ask which of these 2 programs (Panda and McAffee ) is more effective and easy to use?
Also, I have Windows XP Professional version 2002 with service pack 2.
But the problem is I found out last year that I dont have a legitimate copy of windows and no valid licensed product key
I have read on this site that its vital to get windows and IE upgraded w/all the security patches.
Do you know if there is any way I can get these updates since I cant get them from the site?
How much is my system at risk with not being able to get those updates directly from Microsoft?
Thank you for reading and I'd greatly appreciate any help
Safira