leader2
Topic Starter
Hi. I appreciate any help anyone here can give in advance. Sorry for the length of this post, but I tried to thoroughly explain the problem. I am not technical so please use laymens terms when replying. Thanks for your understanding. 
I have a LG 22M33 monitor like this one here https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-22M33D-B-led-monitor. I can't remember when I purchased it but I think it's at least 3 years old and possibly older.
My mother had it on her computer for at least a year or possibly more. She would often forget to turn it off and it would be on all night with the light blinking. I thought maybe that was working on the monitor in terms of making it age more quickly or setting it up to have some issues that would need a repair or replacement. I have now had it in my room on my computer for a year or two and usually turn it off before bed, but have at times left the computer on all night with the monitor off. I rarely forget to turn it off if I will be away from my computer for an extended length of time.
Recently the monitor started showing distortion on the screen when I visit websites often. Please see the picture at the following link for an example of the distortion I sometimes see. https://ibb.co/FhqQskVThe distortion has gone away one it's own or when the page is refreshed sometimes. This has been going on maybe a few months, but I'm not exactly sure of when it started. The only thing I remember happening out of the ordinary around this time was that I accidentally kicked the surge protector that I use for my hard drives and external dvd burner while the computer was on. I didn't think this would affect the monitor since it's not plugged into that surge protector, but not long after that is when this problem started to occur.
Is something wrong with my monitor? If so how could I fix it? Or is something wrong with Windows 10 pro that can be fixed to correct this problem? If it helps you to know, my computer is a refurbished HP Compaq 8200 Elite Convertible Minitower that I've owned since 2017. It has a 7gb of ram and a i5 3.1 ghz 2400 processor.