SPYWARE / MALWARE / VIRUS REMOVAL
INSTRUCTIONS - Please read this BEFORE posting for malware removal assistance.
Disclaimer: WhatTheTech, does not take responsibility for any outcome from following these directions. Every computer is different, so we cannot guarantee the results.
ONLY REGISTERED MEMBERS MAY RECEIVE ASSISTANCE
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REGISTER HERE FIRST
REGISTERING IS EASY AND FREE
CAUTION - Please DO NOT USE any SPECIALIZED MALWARE REMOVAL TOOLS, without supervision.
Be advised that running specialized tools on your own, is done solely at your own risk. Doing so could make your pc inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.
PREPARING TO POST
Step 1. Please tell us what issues you're having with your computer.
Step 2. Download tools listed below and post the scan results using Copy / Paste.
Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.0/8.1 and 10 users:
1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them
2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")
Please download aswMBR to your desktop.
- Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.
- Click the Scan button to start scan.
- If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
- When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.
We just want to see the report....Please Do Not Fix Anything
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your DESKTOP
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
A simple way to check your system: Start --> Computer (right click) --> Properties
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Please make sure All Users is checked
- Do not check
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
The next step is to start your topic.
Click the Start Button below and post the information from Steps 1 and 2
Start a in Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal Forum
How to create a new topic
Do not reply to your own topic - Helpers look for topics with 0 replies.
If you do not receive a reply to your initial post after three days please post a reminder for us HERE
Malware and Spyware Removal Forum Rules:
- Combofix should NEVER be run unless requested. While it's a powerful tool useful for removing a number of infections, things can, and do go wrong. Sometimes systems even refuse to boot. There are safeguards built into Combofix, but only someone trained in its use will be able to help you recover. The logs generated can also be very difficult to interpret properly.
- Please stay with your original topic when posting follow ups.Use the ADD REPLY button, do not "QUOTE" the previous post.
- The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with e.g. WinTools, http://...sp.html etc. Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections.
- Tell us if you're having any problems, and please be specific. Let us know what you've already done to fix it (if anything).
- If you do not understand a step, do not panic, simply ask for direction and information. We will offer any advice necessary to help you.
- Please only post your topic once. Duplicate posts will be closed, it just creates additional work for the staff members trying to help you.
- Do not create posts at multiple forums. Logs take time to diagnose, and doing this will waste multiple helpers time which is already over-stretched. If you do this your topic will be closed.
- Do not attach logs unless directed to do so, as it is harder to read that way. Post them instead
- If you are being helped and you haven't replied within 3 days your topic will be closed as inactive.
If that is the case, please start a new topic when you have the time needed to finish all the instructions.
If you would like to know who is helping you here at WhatTheTech Forums please read The Different Groups Here At WhattheTech.
If you would like to learn more about how free, community based tech support works CLICK HERE.
Edited by LDTate, 09 August 2016 - 11:35 AM.
updated with aswMBR and FRST