This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 10 Cursor Lag on Surface Pro 6

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10 Home version 1909, OS build 18363.1016.  My mouse cursor is suddenly lagging every inch, sometimes disappearing altogether.  I don't know if something is running in the background causing this or what, because there's a LOT running in the task manager. 

Can you help me figure out what to do to fix it?  It's hard to do anything when I have no cursor or it freezes every second.

Sorry about the Mouse, wasn't thinking.

 

To boot to Safe Mode, click on Start, Power. Hold down the Shift key and click on Restart. That will boot to the Advanced Boot Options menu.

 

Click on Troubleshoot,  Advanced Options, Startup Settings.

 

When the computer reboots you get the Advanced Startup Settings menu, enter 4, 5 or 6 to get to the Safe Mode you want.

It's a test to see if the problem occurs there. If no then that's a good indication you have a driver problem. If yes then it's probably a hardware problem.

 

It's not a big deal and very easy to do. Only takes a few minutes to try it then boot back to normal mode.

Ok, so it's not a hardware problem.  It seems like when you have something large running in the background which causes it to pause, because it then suddenly starts working again.  That's what I think because I did all Microsoft Driver troubleshooting.  I just don't know what to close that won't mess up my computer.

Ok, so it's not a hardware problem.  It seems like when you have something large running in the background which causes it to pause, because it then suddenly starts working again.  That's what I think because I did all Microsoft Driver troubleshooting.  I just don't know what to close that won't mess up my computer.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI