This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unable to Cancel Failure to Read Removable F Drive

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an ASUS T300CHI Transformer with Windows 10 Home v1909.

 

There is only a USB Micro B-Super Speed port and a USB Micro B to USB Type A adapter. I have a Dolphin Peripherals USB 2.0 3-Port Hub and 43-in-1 Card Reader Combo. I am using a Logitech M280 mouse with its USB Transponder plugged into one of the USB Type A ports on the hub.

 

If I have the hub (with or without the mouse transponder plugged in) connected at power on I have File Explorer start with an “Insert disk” error.

📎20200425_F-drive issue on T300.jpg

 

If I disconnect the hub before power on and then connect it once Windows is at the desktop screen, this error does not occur.

 

The problem does not occur if I do a Restart with the hub connected.

 

Of course, a solution to the problem is simply to wait until after Windows is started and then connect the hub. However, I would like to know why this problem is occurring after a cold boot.

 

When I check Device Manager | Portable Devices it shows F:\ which is operating normally; However, This PC in File Explorer only shows the SSD C:\ drive.

 

Can anyone shed some light on how I can fix this problem, please?

On an ASUS Transformer T300CHI there is only a USB Micro B-Super Speed port and a USB Micro B to USB Type A adapter. I have a Dolphin Peripherals USB 2.0 3-Port Hub and 43-in-1 Card Reader Combo. I am using a Logitech M280 mouse with its USB Transponder plugged into one of the USB Type A ports on the hub.

 

If I have the hub (with or without the mouse transponder plugged in) connected at power on I have File Explorer start with an “Insert disk” error.

📎20200425_F-drive issue on T300.jpg

 

If I disconnect the hub before power on and then connect it once Windows is at the desktop screen, this error does not occur.

 

The problem does not occur if I do a Restart with the hub connected.

 

Of course, a solution to the problem is simply to wait until after Windows is started and then connect the hub. However, I would like to know why this problem is occurring after a cold boot.

 

When I check Device Manager | Portable Devices it shows F:\ which is operating normally; However, This PC in File Explorer only shows the SSD C:\ drive.

 

Can anyone shed some light on how I can fix this problem, please?

 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI