This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

How do I turn off file sharing?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey guys, for some reason, my lappy keeps enabling file sharing. I want it all off. I have my computer set to "Public", and everytime I check, file sharing on my main drives is re-enabled. Can anyone advise on how to stop this? Am i possibly 'hacked'? (Doubtful, but wtf!?..) Also, what is the RdsappxPlugin? That starts at boot too, and I have remote desktop off too.

 

Thanks.

Here's the information you need on turning off file sharing

 

http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/stop-windows-10-from-using-your-pc-for-file-sharing/

http://www.ricksdailytips.com/turn-off-file-sharing-win-7-8/

 

I don't know much about your

"what is the RdsappxPlugin"

but if you think there is a possibility that your computer has been compromised, I would recommend you go here:

 

https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=106388

 

follow the directions and a malware removal expert will assist you

Regards

paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI