This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Startup of My Documents

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi ! Maybe someone can explain….when I logon to my account in XP on my home pc, it always starts up a My Documents window and I cannot find what is doing this ! I'm sure it is really easy to 'turn off' but I cannot see where/how to do this….
Hi You could try this: 1 Click Start/Run and type msconfig in the "Run" box 2 Click "Ok". 3 Click on the "Startup" tab". Look in the startup list and remove the check(tick) from the box next to EXPLORER.EXE 4 Click "Apply" then "Ok". 5 Restart your computer. Upon restarting, you may get a Selective Startup dialog box…if so, check(tick) the box in the lower left corner of the window and click "Ok". Regards paws
Hi ijo, This is a Optional Setting in Windows Explorer - Tools - Folder Options - View Scroll down until you come to: "Restore previous folder Windows at Login" Remove the checkmark and your Windows Explorer should stop displaying each time you turn on your computer. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI