All you had to do was click on the last line in my post:
which is http://downloads.del…deo/R272410.exe
That would have downloaded R272410.exe. Double click on it to install,, nothing more needed to be done. No uninstall or anything else.
6 min read
All you had to do was click on the last line in my post:
which is http://downloads.del…deo/R272410.exe
That would have downloaded R272410.exe. Double click on it to install,, nothing more needed to be done. No uninstall or anything else.
I did that. It did not install. I saw where it was for Win 7 but don't know if that makes any difference. After I double clicked your file, I looked in device manage (after rebooting), and MS 's driver was installed not the one you gave me.
That led me to trying to clear out old drivers there so the file could install but that did not work out as I could not do it manually well and could not find a decent driver sweeper.
I did try on my own and was very disappointed when I looked in device manage a d saw MS.
I found an old Macrium image that did not have this trouble and let Windows install the updates in their own sequence so there would not be any doubt or conflict. I am ok after the image except for a couple of tweaks and now will make a new image.
At any rate, I won't pester and thank you.
Sounds like you did the right thing but it didn't work, bummer.
Glad you have all working again though.
A friend in need……
I appreciate your patience and work. Are you going to install Win 10. I see it in my systray waiting.
Already running the preview. I'll install it on my laptop but not my two desktops, at least not for awhile.
Release date is July 29th so it will be awhile yet.
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI