This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Putting windows 8 to sleep

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

If I use my pictures as a screen saver, then my computer (windows 8) won't ever go to sleep, stayed on all night. I went in to change settings for it to go off after 15 minutes but it doesn't If I don't use a screen saver at all, it does go into the sleep mode. I want to use the screen saver and sleep mode. Any ideas.
Its a bug in Photo Gallery. You'll just have to find a different pictures screensaver. There is a "Photos" screen saver also, have you tried that? Photo Gallery is part of Windows Essentials and does not come pre-installed with Windows. From what I've read this has been a problem for a long time and is still not fixed.
Thanks. I did not get notification in my email that you answered me, I wonder why not. I have instant notification marked. I have under screensavers: Google Photo screensavers, Photo Gallery and Photos. Which out of those is the best to use. I will try photos and see if that works. Thanks.
I used photos as my screensaver and I think it works. I just read another post that I never got an email notification on. At the bottom of this reply window, i have a checkmark where it says enable email notifications. Would you try answering me back and we will see if I get a notice in my inbox. I checked all thru spam, and this forum wasn't there.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI