I have a Lenovo H30-05 desktop running Windows 10. I've had it from new, 3 months ago
I leave it running 24/7 and use it several times a day. When not used for any length of time it moves into sleep mode, from which it is awakened by clicking on the mouse.
I've just been away for 10 days, and left the machine running. But upon my return it now seems stuck in hibernate (?) or hybrid (?) mode, and there is no signal reaching the monitor. The power light constantly flashes on an off, and if I hold it down (to switch the machine off) it always simply re-starts in the same mode.
Most grateful for any thoughts or suggestions on how to awaken it from its slumber.
I actually took a slightly more aggressive approach - disconnected the machine, opened the back, removed the 3v battery, gave it a rub, replaced it, and (with fingers firmly crossed) switched it back on again. And it worked fine!
But then this morning I had exactly the same problem, which I was obliged to fix with same 'repair'.
I figure it's obviously something to do with the sleep/power settings, so I have switched off the 'sleep' option, and have contacted Lenovo's support section (by email) seeking their advice for a more permanent fix. I'll report back what they say.
Sounds to me like sleep is okay, it's when it goes into hibernation then tries to resume that the problem occurs. You might want to try enabling sleep but disable hibernate.
Thanks Rich - have done as you suggest, and can confirm machine woke fresh as a daisy first thing this morning. I'll wait to see the official Lenovo response, but otherwise think I've (we've!) cracked it.
Good to hear. I can't use Hibernation with my 2 year old Lenovo K450 running Windows 10 Pro X64. Also doesn't resume right, probably a driver causing it.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI