This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

refresh/reset

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi R

I was just talking with Alan about this. Apparently the reset/refresh features of Win 8.1 are broken.

Try a search box or two. it is literature over my head but I asked about refresh before trying it and am glad I was told about it. I cannot remember the MS link that I was referred to that explained it.

I am ok but feel badly for those who are in the idle of a broken feature.

Peter

Do you think 8.2 will be another upload at n/c?

 

See if this works for you; I believe it is a work around for refesh.

I already have the 8.1 iso that matches my computer (8.1 Pro X64).

 

I DO NOT like that page at all. Want to install it's own extension for Firefox or IE. Also, how can you trust that the ISO they have is clean and not been altered in some way. Which ISO is it and is it for 32 or 64 bit.

 

Too many ifs for me.

It was sent to me and as you know I am limited with knowledge' that is why I only told you to look at it.

I too have Win 8.1 Pro x 64.

Could you share the appropriate  iso for Win 8.1 x64  or do you use the Win 8 and go to the store for 8.1 as I did before?

Oops, I just realized I have the X86 (32 bit) version as my old Dell Precision 370 that I just replaced, would not run 8.1 X64 due to missing BIOS support.

Rich

I too have 8.1.

You are downloading 8.1 from the store so you can create a dvd.

Can you tell me how to do that without modifying my system as it is good right now.

Peter

Rich -   I have Win 8.1, 64 bit.

I read the tuorials thorougly. I am not sure if the quote below applies to me.  

 

>""If you purchased Windows 8/8.1 and have an "OEM" or "retail" Windows 8/8.1 product key, then this tutorial will show you how to create or download an upgrade Windows 8 ISO or full Windows 8.1 ISO file.""<

 

Win 7 came installed on my pc. I then created the win 8 disc from the (? $40.i)so file and the Media Center. To get Win 8.1, I went to the store.  

Now I have Win 8.1 running well with images of it.

 

I have read, at the tutorial , and in search boxes that many people are failing to obtain this 8.1 ISO fie. Many are having issues     tyring to get the iso for 8.1.

 

To be certain, do you currently have the 8.1 dvd or did you also have issues trying and are without it?

 

I you did it using option three, and you feel it applies to me given my information, I will give it a try.

 

Peter

I did create an 8.1 disc but the keys are a problem. I need a retail key. I have Brink's key but there Is more to it than that.

I do have Macrium and 8.1 is stable now.

You would use your Windows 8 key to install 8.1. If all else fails, you could install 8.0 then use the disc to upgrade to 8.1 but I really don't see that as being needed. Hopefully you'll never have to find out.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI