This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 10 sign in options

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Suddenly the system requires a password after it wakes from sleep.

 

In SETTINGS the sign in option is now greyed out to "When PC wakes up from sleep". I therefore cannot change this.

 

It says in red that authentication is required. Go to SETTINGS and search for Power and Sleep, but there is nothing in this setting which helps.

 

I am on version 1809 with update 1901.

 

Can you offer any advice?

 

Thanks

Thank you for your help.

Option 3 worked perfectly; didn't need to try the others!

 

I am puzzled as to why the sign in option, no longer works. But this solution has made the problem go away….

 

i have another problem which might be connected, but I will start another topic.

 

Thanks again.

 Try this option Under Settings > Accounts > Sign in options, scroll to the bottom for "additional power settings" click that, from there you will notice the "require a password upon wake up" at the top left of the screen, click that, switch it to never ask for a password.

 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI