Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Windows 10 sign in options

Best Answer mungodaisy , 13 January 2019 - 04:50 AM

Thank you for your help.Option 3 worked perfectly; didn't need to try the others! I am puzzled as to why the sign in option, no longer works. But this solution has made the problem go away.... i have another problem which might be connected,... Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mungodaisy

mungodaisy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

Suddenly the system requires a password after it wakes from sleep.

In SETTINGS the sign in option is now greyed out to "When PC wakes up from sleep". I therefore cannot change this.

It says in red that authentication is required. Go to SETTINGS and search for Power and Sleep, but there is nothing in this setting which helps.

I am on version 1809 with update 1901.

Can you offer any advice?

Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:09 AM

Here is a variety of ways to turn on or off password required on wake from sleep. Maybe one will work for you, like Option 3 from COmmand Prompt:

How to Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 mungodaisy

mungodaisy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:50 AM   Best Answer

Thank you for your help.

Option 3 worked perfectly; didn't need to try the others!

I am puzzled as to why the sign in option, no longer works. But this solution has made the problem go away....

i have another problem which might be connected, but I will start another topic.

Thanks again.

#4 givemeit

givemeit

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:38 AM

Try this option Under Settings > Accounts > Sign in options, scroll to the bottom for "additional power settings" click that, from there you will notice the "require a password upon wake up" at the top left of the screen, click that, switch it to never ask for a password.