This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

No IE After Upgrade

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

All IDE were set DMA if available. Ran the Autoruns for Windows, zip the file, but cannot upload as it says the file is too big. Not sure why as it shows 40.8 KB
Okay, got the RAM in and now she has 4GB and the system runs much faster; I still get the MDM pop-up box and have to click OK to access services; see attached. I ran the Autoruns; compressed it and its shows when trying to load it to this site that it is 2.13MB – realize that I had several files downloaded from previous helps, so I deleted them all, but now its says Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file, which is a (rar) and I am not sure about the PM thing…

Attachments:

I see you still have AVG installed. Consider replacing it with Microsoft Security Essentials. Use the AVG Removal Tool.

Others I see that could be removed from auto starting via Autoruns:

Filehippo.com
Registry Mechanic
MS Office XP Web Component
WOT (unless you use it)
WOT Helper
Windows Desktop Search Namespace Manager
Revo Uninstaller and Pro Extensions
Java Quick Start
Java Quick Start Service
Spybot S&D (leave if you want but doesn't buy you much)
Windows Live Sign-in Helper (unless you use Windows Live Mail)
PCTools Setup & Shutdown Monitor
Changer (file not found)

Create a backup of your registry before doing this. See here for info: ERUNT - How to backup and restore Windows XP registry, Windows Made Easy
Saw some "HP" info & was wondering if I should remove as I did remove all HP printer/software, etc. and thought I did not have any HP products installed anymore. Also, I see some more "files not found" and wanted to know if I could remove those too. What about the other "Microsoft Office Web Components 2003" too. If not using "outlook express" remove too. Since having issues with the "MDM" and needing to click okay before my services would start.
If you have no HP stuff then definitely remove all of it. Any "files not found" can be removed (I didn't notice the others, sorry). Yes, disable all "Microsoft Office Web Components 2003" entries. Outlook Express - yes, remove

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI