This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't update to IE8

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, ken545 was helping me with some malware issues and he asked me to update IE. When I tried to update it I kept getting errors. I took screen shots and attached them. Any reason why it wouldn't update? (beside possible malware) Thanks in advance Juice Edit*: Wow sorry just realize I didn't give enough info. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 745, Intel Core 2.4Ghz processor, 2GB ram, 150GB hard drive Running XP Home (32bit) SP2 (i'm about to try to upgrade to SP3) Last night I managed to upgrade to IE7, but now when I click on IE icon, it's not opening. When I check task manager I dont see any IE processes :(. Thanks and sorry for not including any info earlier
Woot!, Okay I managed to update to SP3 and IE 8 :). But for some reason when ever I go to Avrfreaks.com and try to log in it tells me Cookies needs to be enabled. I tried changing my privacy settings so that it accepted all cookies and that still didn't help. Any clue why this would happen?
Try starting IE8 with no Add-ons, see if that makes any difference. Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (no Add-ons)
Hi Rich, Thank you for replying. That didn't work either, still says cookies must be enabled past this point. Right now my IE8 is set to enable all cookies.
Try installing FireFox as a test, see if that works with that site.

I just tried to connect to Avrfreaks.com (it changed to avrfreaks.net) but it doesn;t connect at all, not with FireFox, SeaMonkey or IE8.
I get the same Cookies must be enabled past this point error message, so I think it's a web site problem. I get it with SeaMonkey, Firefox and IE.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI