This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Wirless HP Assistant Not Finding Networks

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I don't see anything named "Wireless Zero Configuration". Maybe because I'm running on Vista. I do see "WLAN AutoConfig" and "Wired AutoConfig".
Hi Mike…Please verify that the wireless switch is on. I believe your laptop has a small switch in the front of the computer that you slide back and forth to enable/disable the wireless adapter. It should also have a light next to it that turns orange or blue depending on if the adapter is enabled or disabled. Please verify that this light turns orange and blue as you slide the switch back and forth. Next, if turning this switch on does not resolve your wireless issue, please restart the laptop. Right after the laptop turns on and during the time you see the HP splash screen you will need to press a special key to enter BIOS setup. I think it will be F2, but it may be a different key. The HP splash screen should tell you what to press to enter setup. Once you get into BIOS setup, move through the menus (with your keyboard, your mouse will not work) and find the option to load setup defaults. It should be on the same menu where you save your settings and exit. Please load setup defaults, and then save and exit. See if your wireless adapter works now.
Hey appleoddity, thanks for responding but I fixed it with Ztruker's suggestion. I let Windows startup the WLAN automatically. I restarted my computer and there it is. I'm posting this wirelessly as we speak. Thanks for your help again, everyone.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI