Hello, this is my first time ever on a forum and from what I've read you all seem very knowledgeable about computers, and I could really use the help. Ok I've been having a few Problems with my laptop lately. I kept receiving an error code that displayed "wan32" at the end, and not loading the selected program, so I ran the system restore back to the closest point available (about a month bk). After it was complete my laptop would no longer connect to my WiFi. I tried running the command reset codes I found in this forum but had no luck. My laptop is made by acer and it runs windows xp home. With atheros Ar5007eg network adapteI don't know much more about it. Thanks
Apologies for the delay but there are more people needing help than there are helpers.
My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.
Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
please follow all instructions in the order posted
please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
IMPORTANT:
Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested
Hi jerry_3
It has been several days since I replied to your request for help with your computer problems.
Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help.
Thanks
Satchfan