When I open the Trust Centre and select Add-Ins, lo and behold there is no ESET plugin to remove
Actually it is hiding in there, a tiny drop-down menu and a "Go" button hide down the bottom of the box
Well…Geeesh Troy…had I known from the start that you hadn't ACTUALLY checked the tiny hidden drop down menu tucked waaaaaay down the bottom with the miniscule "GO' button to begin with…then I would have known to send you there right away !!!!!!!
Hey Jules… honestly by now you should have learnt "assume nothing" and that all users need complete and full instructions in all areas. If it is not a "System Building and Upgrading" thread then I probably don't know what I'm doing and should only have the "Tech Staff" badge in that area…
(Actually it's highly possible I know a wee bit more than that)
Thanks for your thoughts. I've never had need to go snooping so far into the Outlook settings, but now I know it's there for next time. I doubt you'll see me asking the same question again!
How can I send you a box of chocolates? Like this?
📎CatByte_Chocolates.JPG
@ Doug
Why is it Care Of the Admin Team?? That makes it seem like it's going to just be given/eaten by the Admin Team and not by CatByte. I don't think CatByte will be too happy about that one.. and when you say you'll make sure she gets the 'box' do you mean the empty box??
SweetTech,
I'm simply making an innocent offer to assist.
After all, someone has to perform "quality assurance".
We want to make sure that our dear CatByte only receives the best.
I'm only doing this for her own good. Honest.
Sincerely,
Sometimes I truly wonder… why don't my threads just finish up nicely? Even sometimes?
rofl.gif
Uhmmmm… Let me think…
Bad influences from your Tech Academy instructor(s) ?
Too much time exchanging technical consultation with the Monkey?
Unfortunate indulgences from Sari?
You don't spend enough time with ScHwErV ?
You have a unique magnet lodged somewhere near your heart that attracts "off-topic" comments?
How long a list would you like?
Obviously you are "special" in the hearts of us who know and enjoy you.
You just make it so easy.
Troy,
Thanks so much for the chocolates, the box did receive a little 'content damage' in the mail, so the box only contained 2 1/2 chocolates (the half had suspicious teeth marks in it…I'm taking forensic bite mark impressions of all the tech and admin staff ) and a few wrappers. But what was left was delicious…..I did notice Metallica hanging around the staffroom too….
Hi Troy
Greatissimo work
I have searched to solve this problem from 2 months ans all the solution (included ESET) are wrong !
You are great ! and very greedy
Thnak you very much
In Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Add-In Manager.
Uncheck "NOD32 Emon" and click 'OK' until you are back in Outlook. This should
resolve that message that you are receiving upon opening Outlook.
I think CatByte was suggesting that you reinstall the ESET Anti-Virus Trial and then uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller.
After trying all of the above, THIS worked (UNcheckNOD32 Emon). Thanks!
Ah yes, I've already deleted the extend.dat file. I tried that and it didn't work, but since then I have tried your suggestion and deleted those ESET registry keys, I thought I'd give it another shot. Maybe this time it would work?
Sadly no, my extend.dat file no longer exists! It obviously wasn't rebuilt after deleting it the first time?
Cheers, awaiting further guesses.
It is very simple. Go to outlook "Help" tab, then "Privacy Options", then go to "Add in" , then go to "Exchange client extensions" click on "GO", then untick the eset.
After that close the outlook then try to open. Enjoy…..
Regards,
Faisal Chandrathil Abdukunju
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI