I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but here goes. I had an update run by my son on outlook that I thought might be a trojan of sorts. The Icon turned white and had a long numerical component in the title much like it was a file. When the attempt was tried to delete it, a Windows message saying it needed to send to microsoft a error message and then would reload. I ran all the virus programs I had namely Bullguard, and went on line to Trend Micro and Panda to run their on line stuff.. Nothing showed but the file still was there. I might add here that outlook express runs fine. I reloaded Windows XP Home, Still no help. The windows installer is looking for a file that doesnt appear to exist. In a quandry I tried to remove Office XP using the remove programs section of Control Panel. Wouldnt happen. I then manually removed the folders, I know not the brightest thing to do, and redid a XP install/repair. Now Windows installer tries to run everytime I open an email, and I cant reinstall Office XP. It tells me that the install is not available. Its on the disk and the media portion on disk 2 runs and installs. Im pretty sure that the program is good to go. I have installed it from the same disks on another machine with no problems. Machine stats are p4 2.0, 700 mb + ram, cd, dvd, media readers. Everything works good.. I just cant install Office XP. My frustration level is more than overflowing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Ray Stout