jdurham05
Topic Starter
Hi everyone, I hope all is well. Yesterday my father updated his computer, that is Windows XP SP3 with Office 2003 Pro, plus Eset smart security trial version. He downloaded and tried to install ms outlook 2007 compatibility packets, that failed he said today, and today the mouse keeps freezing and we cannot use the computer. I'm not sure if this is a Outlook or Windows XP SP3 problem, but more so an installation problem from Outlook. I cannot get passed eset loading after the normal login; this is where it just freezes and stops leading me to believe there maybe an error on the anti-virus side and software installation yesterday maybe I should remove the eset and reinstall because today after 20 attempts it said my antivirus isn't working properly then frozen.
I downloaded but cannot run in normal mode the windows clean up utility and in safe mode it says I need to be an administrator which i am so that's a no go.
I'm having issues locating the file "compatiblity pack for 2007 to 2003, I have Office 2003 Pro, in my add / remove programs so I cannot delete/unintstall it and then try an update via microsoft to correct the problem. I saw this maybe the issue.
It even Freezes in safe mode with networking, or last known good configuration.
It will load in the normal safe mode but that's hit or miss too basically just freezes either during or after the eset update. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have just run ATF cleaner to clean things up a bit but I don't believe this is helpful and this worked in safe mode.
2:34 pm - so I've uninstalled my antivirus and that did nothing. It still won't load noramlly, via restore and now I can't even get the windows recovery console to load it get's to the screen but freezes and goes no where. Any advice would be appreciated as it seems this thing just choked. I've been up to date with all antivirus, scan with atl cleaner, use malawarebytes antimalware and other programs from the forum but this happened all of a sudden.