Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Unistall AVG

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jaklean

Jaklean

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:19 PM

I can't unistall AVG 8.5 which is not working with MS Outlook. The Error Message happens when I try to go in to MS Outlook: The add -n- " AVG Exchange Extention" ( C:\Program~~\AVG\AVG8\ avgxch32d11) cannot be added I has be disabled by Outlook. Please contact the add in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please unistall the add in This error message comes up when I go and try to unistall AVG in the control panel Installer intialization failed due to the folling error Error at AVG code ( 0x0253%FILE%="C:\Programs Files (x86)\@AVG Error Code-0x0020 I have systemed restored, called AVG and they had me go and use the unistall from their website which didn't work. I have done what I can do to the best of my knowledge. This all stated when I tried to upgrade to AVG 9 Can anybody help me to resolve this problem. Windows Vista, HP Pavilion Entertainment PC new in Sept of 09

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:12 AM

You tried the AVG remover from here? http://www.avg.com/u.../download-tools

Have you tried to download and install the 8.5 version again so that you can remove it?

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 Jaklean

Jaklean

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

I have tried to unistall and re-install from the website and does not work. I can't even downland any anti software at this point! ( because it will not allow me too) I don't know what to do.....I too live in MI and would drive my computer to your shop ( I live about 3 1/2 hours north) and pay you to fix it! I need my computer for my job and although everthing is working, I am not protected. The AVG icon is no longer on my toolbar, but remains in my programs, but cannot unistall it. Thanks for your help. I need a plan B.

#4 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:54 PM

Jaklean, although I appreciate your offer to drive your computer to my shop, it is rather unethical of me to accept such an offer through a forum where I give FREE help. Because of that, I will be honored to give you the same treatment and help as I would give anyone else here.

My advice to you, if this is a computer you need for work and it is something that needs to be fixed right away, it may be more cost effective for you to take it to a local repair facility than to struggle through the directions and delays you will find here at the forum. Sometimes, when our computers are needed for work it just isn't wise to waste a lot of time trying to get "free" help.

To address your present situation, if you do want the help, I think it is necessary for you to visit the malware removal forum because i think it is likely you are already infected and that is why you are experiencing the symptoms you describe.

Please read and follow the directions here: http://forums.whatth...rs_t106388.html

Then, you may post a new topic here about your problem: http://forums.whatth...emoval_f27.html

Please be patient because they are very busy over there. I'll be unable to help you here, unfortunately, until we can make sure your computer is not infected with malware.

One last note of caution: If your computer is infected, your business "matters" may be open to attack, as well as theft including personal data. Please be cautious about what tasks you perform on your computer and only perform those tasks you wouldn't mind if anyone in the world knew the intimate details about.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#5 Jaklean

Jaklean

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

I believe you are correct and I have "SOMETHING" and I don't think that I can fix it. I appreciate your help and advice. I could bring it back to the place where I bought it, but I think I will see if I can find "a local place" and see if they can help me. I have to pay someone, so tht is why I was thinking of you. In the meantime, I will stay off my laptop and use my desktop and hope for the best. THANKS!