I can't unistall AVG 8.5 which is not working with MS Outlook.
The Error Message happens when I try to go in to MS Outlook:
The add -n- " AVG Exchange Extention" ( C:\Program~~\AVG\AVG8\ avgxch32d11) cannot be added I has be disabled by Outlook. Please contact the add in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please unistall the add in
This error message comes up when I go and try to unistall AVG in the control panel
Installer intialization failed due to the folling error
Error at AVG code ( 0x0253%FILE%="C:\Programs Files (x86)\@AVG Error Code-0x0020
I have systemed restored, called AVG and they had me go and use the unistall from their website which didn't work. I have done what I can do to the best of my knowledge.
This all stated when I tried to upgrade to AVG 9
Can anybody help me to resolve this problem.
Windows Vista, HP Pavilion Entertainment PC new in Sept of 09
I have tried to unistall and re-install from the website and does not work. I can't even downland any anti software at this point! ( because it will not allow me too)
I don't know what to do…..I too live in MI and would drive my computer to your shop ( I live about 3 1/2 hours north) and pay you to fix it! I need my computer for my job and although everthing is working, I am not protected. The AVG icon is no longer on my toolbar, but remains in my programs, but cannot unistall it.
Thanks for your help. I need a plan B.
Jaklean, although I appreciate your offer to drive your computer to my shop, it is rather unethical of me to accept such an offer through a forum where I give FREE help. Because of that, I will be honored to give you the same treatment and help as I would give anyone else here.
My advice to you, if this is a computer you need for work and it is something that needs to be fixed right away, it may be more cost effective for you to take it to a local repair facility than to struggle through the directions and delays you will find here at the forum. Sometimes, when our computers are needed for work it just isn't wise to waste a lot of time trying to get "free" help.
To address your present situation, if you do want the help, I think it is necessary for you to visit the malware removal forum because i think it is likely you are already infected and that is why you are experiencing the symptoms you describe.
Please be patient because they are very busy over there. I'll be unable to help you here, unfortunately, until we can make sure your computer is not infected with malware.
One last note of caution: If your computer is infected, your business "matters" may be open to attack, as well as theft including personal data. Please be cautious about what tasks you perform on your computer and only perform those tasks you wouldn't mind if anyone in the world knew the intimate details about.
I believe you are correct and I have "SOMETHING" and I don't think that I can fix it. I appreciate your help and advice. I could bring it back to the place where I bought it, but I think I will see if I can find "a local place" and see if they can help me.
I have to pay someone, so tht is why I was thinking of you.
In the meantime, I will stay off my laptop and use my desktop and hope for the best.
THANKS!
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI