This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE7 "cannot display the webpage" error

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I ran ComboFix and when I restarted the computer IE7 started working fine. I typed iexplore.exe & iexplorer.exe just to see what would come up. I still need to see why some of the windows commands aren't working right. I'll try this step before I reinstall XP: Click on Start then Run, type sfc /scannow and press Enter or click Go. If any missing or damaged files are found, they will be replaced from files on your XP CD, which it will prompt you for. If no problems are found it just exits
HI ephillips,

If you had to use combofix to get IE to work, I suggest you hop over to the Hijackthis forum.

Go HERE, read the info and follow the instructions in this section
To prepare your computer for the help we offer, you can safely do the following before obtaining help:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI