Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

Hello I have a desktop xp sp3 and a laptop xpsp3. I have wireless router. The desktop is fine. I reformatted/reinstalled xp sp3 the laptop and it runs fine but I can't get online.. I did this before and had no problem. I went thru the list of drivers etc for my system and they all seem installed. Can you help? Thank you

Edited by Grampy Pete, 17 December 2008 - 02:39 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:29 PM

Hi Grampy Pete How did you aquire SP3? If through automatic updates, it sometimes, on rare occasions, doesn't load / install the full package. So best thing would be to remove SP3. Then either try your luck again with automatic update, or find a version you can download to desktop. Regards Abydos

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

Hello again Grampy Pete.

What shows in Device Manager under Network Adapter (enter devmgmt.msc in Start / Run to see)? Any yellow marks?

If not, post the results of ipconfig /all here:
  • Click on Start then Run
  • Type cmd and press Enter or click OK
  • Type ipconfig /all and press Enter
  • Right click on the command prompt window title bar, select Edit then Mark
  • Use the mouse to select all the output from the ipconfig command, them click the right mouse button. This will copy the data to the clipboard.
  • Start a new post here and paste the data you copied into it.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#4 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:13 AM

Once again I made a novice error. I forgot to install the laptop's pc card's software. I was so involved in reformatting etc I overlooked it. I did make note of your instructions for future reference re: the clipboard and thank you much. I'm sorry to have taken up you time with such a numb question. I am online now. :blush: