This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

explorer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have a desktop xp sp3 and a laptop xpsp3. I have wireless router. The desktop is fine. I reformatted/reinstalled xp sp3 the laptop and it runs fine but I can't get online.. I did this before and had no problem. I went thru the list of drivers etc for my system and they all seem installed. Can you help? Thank you
Hi Grampy Pete How did you aquire SP3? If through automatic updates, it sometimes, on rare occasions, doesn't load / install the full package. So best thing would be to remove SP3. Then either try your luck again with automatic update, or find a version you can download to desktop. Regards Abydos
Hello again Grampy Pete.

What shows in Device Manager under Network Adapter (enter devmgmt.msc in Start / Run to see)? Any yellow marks?

If not, post the results of ipconfig /all here:
  • Click on Start then Run
  • Type cmd and press Enter or click OK
  • Type ipconfig /all and press Enter
  • Right click on the command prompt window title bar, select Edit then Mark
  • Use the mouse to select all the output from the ipconfig command, them click the right mouse button. This will copy the data to the clipboard.
  • Start a new post here and paste the data you copied into it.
Once again I made a novice error. I forgot to install the laptop's pc card's software. I was so involved in reformatting etc I overlooked it. I did make note of your instructions for future reference re: the clipboard and thank you much. I'm sorry to have taken up you time with such a numb question. I am online now. :blush:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI