I have had a few interesting problems since updating to flash 10 plug in (also have latest shockwave). When loading some web sites, they either do not
recognise that I have flash installed or they bring up a window saying to view this you need to install flash - which of course is already installed. And of course
loading it again doesnt cure it anyway. I pass all the flash tests on the adobe site and also have use the official flash uninstaller and installed v10 again to make sure its a clean install. Of course there may be a few sites out there which are not compatible with flash 10. It could be a few registry items missing but having run the complete installer and doing a fresh install I dont see how that is an issue. Has anyone else been affected this way. (Incidentially my plug in in Firefox works, so any problematic sites I use Firefox for - a good reasons to have two separate browsers installed.)
Hi Mike8,
You are certainly not alone.
There are several comments and a variety of solutions proposed in the Adobe bug report pages.
None seem to be helpful to everyone.
There are additionally a couple thousand complaint posts at various Adobe pages
And there do seem to be site specific content problems.
But it's hard to imagine that Dell and MS would not have already adjusted scripting to accommodate this release even though dated 11/17/08 as an alpha release, but still folks are reporting problems even with these major sites.
At this point, Adobe seems to be only gathering information for "consideration" of possible fixes.
You can certainly register with Adobe and add your observations.
I have zero knowledge and no experience with Development and have never dabbled in creating Flash presentations.
Those that do, seem to be impressed with the new features of Flash 10, but until various sites and content creators settle into a common practice, we are likely bump into content display failures.
Could it be a problem that you are having locally and only with your own machine? Maybe.
But your report above suggests that you have already completed the standard procedures to get a good install and such.
Like you, I'm glad to have multiple browsers to select from.
Best Regards
Thanks for that, I'm glad it's not just me. The problem sites always worked before updating to flash 10, and my other machines which I havn't updated to flash 10 still work alright. So I guess I will use firefox until adobe sort it. I think the sites not developed in flash 10 just can't be recognised by 10 so IE does not load the plug in. So flash 10 is not backward compatible in some circumstances. Thanks again for your comments.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI