I've been having trouble downloading Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer. Every time I go to the page: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/in…er_Version=MSIE I get the hourglass when I click anything on the page. It never downloads. Is there another place to download the update from, or some way to fix this? Thanks.
I doubt that a separate download/installation site will resolve the issue and you should try the above tool first, but here is another Adobe site you can try after completing the above.
Be sure to "accept" the ActiveX by clicking on the notification line at the top of your browser.
Well after I used the uninstaller I went back to Internet Explorer. The home page I have obvously uses flash so it immediatly came up wanting to install the Flash Player. So I did. I went to the Adobe site to download to latest player if the installer that poped up on my home page didn't install the latest update. Well same issue of the hour glass. But then I went to my Secunia PSI. The program that checks your computer for unpatched programs. Instead of before where it said I didn't have the latest version of Flash. Now it does say I have the latest version. So that's good. Too bad I still get the hourglass in IE. But I don't use IE anyway. Simply wanted to patch for security purposes. That's what Secunia PSI is for. Thanks guys. Guess we got it installed.
Could be another IE addon that is causing the problem. Click on Tools, Manage addons then disable all of them. Then go through the Adobe flash install again, see what happens.
More than one I disabled. For some reason there was a ICQ 6 and ICQ Lite addon there. I never told ICQ to add anything to IE. But then again when I first installed ICQ it changed my homepage on both Firefox and IE. It's a good thing on my flash drive that I saved the url of my homepage. That way I got my hompage back.
And I no longer have ICQ Lite since I don't think it's around anymore. I use to have it, but it wanted me to update to the next version which just was ICQ. I got ICQ because I heard it's a instant messenger that doesn't come with ads and spam like AOL's messenger. The rest are RealPlayer agent. Which allows you to click on a playing internet video and directly download it. Looks like it installed it's self in IE as well as Firefox.
Also AhIeBho which has something to do with my ZoomText. AI Squre it says in the publisher slot. Yeah I am visually impared. And yet I'm able to play xbox live and no one even suspects I'm impared. Boy some people that I've beat if they knew they got beat by someone visually impared that would really crush them. lol.
Anyway the other is Natural Reader. Sometimes you get tired of reading online and you'd rather a voice read to you text. It actually is an executable program, but I guess the extension is for the fact your able to open IE in Natural Reader. It also has a notepad to read text.
That's all of the extensions I've got disabled.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI