Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

mobango.com website is not opening on my pc

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dinesh Ku. Dora

Dinesh Ku. Dora

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

"mobango.com" or "in.mobango.com" are not opening on my PC-

hi..
since last couple of months..i have been seeing that in many computers (including mine) this website is not opening..all other websites are opening but this particular website is not opening..".. cant find the server at mobango.com"..i had tried to open this website-"mobango.com" or "in.mobango.com" on every browser like (IE6,IE7,Mozilla firefox 3,Opera 9.65,netscape navigator,google chrome) but it didnt open..
i had also checked my firewall settings and security settings of all browsers and also the parental control..every thing is fine and there is no block on this website..but still it encounters problem..
NOTE : i have tried to open this website on my pc as well as on some of my friend's PC's and they also experience the same problem on their Pc's...but one thing to note is that..in my college internet lab..there is one PC on which this website opens perfectly..as per as my knowledge..only on that PC the above mentioned website opens..Why is it so..?? The website opens in that PC and why it is not opening in our PC..I tried to figure out the settings on that PC..and everything is normal..the only thing is that it runs IE4..as its browser.

Plz tell me what i should do ..in order to open this website on my PC..
iam currently using IE7 and Firefox 3 browsers..and my PC model is compaq presario 1530 IL
OS- windows XP Pro sp3
Ram- 512 md
HDD-80 gb
ISP-BSNL Broadband

kindly help me

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

You may need a Mozilla Firefox Add-on to access this site and have it fully functional on your computer.
Consider installing this add-on in your FireFox 3.x
https://addons.mozil...irefox/addon/62

mobango is a "file sharing site" and may be flagged by various security programs that you may have installed on your machine.
Or it is possible that it could conflict with other file sharing software that you have installed.
I believe that you use DAP for download accelerations and management.
You might try "disabling DAP" and give it another shot at mobango.com if the Add-on recommended above doesn't help.
You might try the same with your P2P file sharing applications, meaning - disable your P2P and try mobango without P2P running.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Dinesh Ku. Dora

Dinesh Ku. Dora

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

no..its not working..plz give me any othr soln

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

Opens fine for me with FireFox 3 and IE 7

You can send them a note describing your difficulty.
Here's their contact page:
http://www.mobango.c...w/contactus.php

Of course, if you cannot access even that site, you will have to determine what it is on your machine or related to your ISP that may be blocking or blacklisting the site.
It "is possible" that the site is being banned/black listed in your geographic/national area for some legal/political reason.

Or I suppose you could use the single machine at your college lab to send your contact note.
Caution: I sure wouldn't be getting on the internet with IE4 which was released in 1997 and is now buggie and unpatched.
And I can hardly imagine that any new Website would have optimized itself on an old browser version like IE4 for compatibility.

After all, they state:
"We aim to become the largest Mobile Web Community in the World, register now and reap the rewards of membership."

For other readers,

the referenced website offers various free ringtones, games, personal pictures, and commentary.
They remind the user that "everything is free" at their site......

Warning Bells should be ringing in your mind, if not on your cell phone!
Sounds way "to-good-to-be-true" to be offered without a catch.

Free Ringtones, music lyrics, games, and personal pictures are amongst the most popular offers used by scam artists.
They hope to use Social Engineering "Phishing" to get you to click on their downloads and provide your personal information to them for their use.
While this referenced site may not be a scam in-and-of-itself, it is constructed as a Free P2P file sharing, which is always Risky.
BEWARE

Without further research and verification, WTT Forums cannot recommend the site.

Dinesh Ku. Dora

if you wish to continue trying to track down what is specifically blocking your own machine from access/downloads at the site:

Download and Run WinAudit
When Winaudit has completed its scan, select File-SAVE As and be sure to SAVE As Text

You may upload the Saved File (about 500kb) via Attached File, to me via PM , since the scan will have included some information about your IP and other identifying information that you may not wish to have posted publically.

I'll have a look and help if there is anything indicated in the scan.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#5 Kapil

Kapil

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:37 AM

Please help me i hv also same problem

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

http://forums.whatth...pc_t97298.html#

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#7 delhiuniversity

delhiuniversity

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:26 AM

I think there is problem with coding of this website or the server is really down. Better check it...