Hello,
I have a problem, I know its there but some sites just don't wanna load like mybb.com. It says "server not found". I had Comodo Internet Security with Comodo Secure DNS, but Comodo Secure DNS made some sites not wanna load but mybb.com still loaded. I did what their site said about disabling Comodo Secure DNS, and I couldn't tell that it did anything but now mybb.com wont load. It says "server not found". I don't know what to do. I tried Firefox, chrome, IE… none work.
Thanks, Rhineus
Hi, have you tried using safe mode with networking? Note this will mean that your security is not protecting you so, visit only one site that you know is reliable, and definitely no surfing or downloading email…. do a brief but thorough test……
Make sure you only connect to the Internet using an Ethernet cable connected to a router or other device that contains a hardware firewall.
Any improvement noticed?
Regards
paws
Hello paws,
I tried safe mode with networking I still couldn't get the site to load. Anything else, Should I try going to the comodo forum and see what they tell me? Thanks you
yse … I think that might be aggod idea….
There is a strong possibility that a component part of Comodo is blocking the site…..
If you have the product serial key for Comodo and either the installation disc or the downloaded executable file then it would be worth fully uninstalling it rebooting and then reinstalling it and see if that solves the problem.
Before you do that however, try connecting another computer to your router just to check that a different machine can access the site concerned…… if for exampl it cant, but can access other sites, then its indicates that the router itself has been set to block that site or IP address range
Regards
paws
Hello paws,
I've been trying to figure it out but I can't… I'm going over to the comodo forums and see if they can help. Thank you for looking into it.
Before you do that however, try connecting another computer to your router just to check that a different machine can access the site concerned…… if for exampl it cant, but can access other sites, then its indicates that the router itself has been set to block that site or IP address range
Sorry, I did that and I couldn't connect with the other computer either… so you think it's the router. I'm pretty good with the computer but I have no idea about the router. So, can you think you can help me with the router? My router is a zhone - 6218-12-200-0TT, the site of my router is http://www.zhone.com/products/6219/. I understand if you can't, but thx for helping me.
EDIT: I forgot about this but I just went to a site where it said that I was behind proxy servers… Some forums says that. I guess they have a mod that controls that. But I just wanted to tell you about that.
Hi Rhineus, thats interesting if you cant access the site using a known working alternative computer then that could indicate that the seat of the problem lies with the router…… the quickest and simplest step is just to try a different router…… do you have a spare? if not borrow one and see how you go
Regards
paws
ps I took a quick look at the spec for your router, and maybe you are using a modem in addition….? if so try plugging directly into the modem bypassing the router and see how you go.
Hello paws,
No, I don't have another router or modem and my router has the modem built in. See the local phone company (which is our internet provider) said whenever we got the router that that is the only router we can use. I will try again with the other computer and see if maybe the sever really was down. Thx
Hello paws,
I'm very sorry I haven't posted in some time, I've been on the road with no internet, which sucks… lol
I tried several times with both computers, still no go. I think it has to do with the router but I have no other routers/modems available. I'll talk with the phone company that we get the internet from and see what they say.
Thanks,
Michael
Hi Michael,
That sounds good to me…
If a known good working computer can't connect via your modem/router then its pointing the finger of suspician at your modem/router/ISP
Regards
paws
Hello paws,
Well, the phone company and me have been perplexed about this… He said that I could bring the router in and he'll do some tests but that cost money, so I decided to so some more tests myself. I don't know what I did (lol) but it's working now. Thanks for all your help, I know you didn't do much but thank you paws for at least helping me. :-)