s baghdad
Topic Starter
Software
office
1 min read
paws
Hi, and welcome to the WTT forums
You can download it from here free of charge:
http://www.openoffice.org/
However if it's the Microsoft Office you are after, then you need to buy it ………….and it's not cheap..
Regards
paws
You can download it from here free of charge:
http://www.openoffice.org/
However if it's the Microsoft Office you are after, then you need to buy it ………….and it's not cheap..
Regards
paws
Doug
I'll add my agreement to Paws recommendation and say further that many users actually "prefer" OpenOffice.
I'm an MS Office user, but on the occasional times that I've used OpenOffice, it has served well, looks remarkable similar to the MS counter-part, and handles the same file format (though OpenOffice saves in its own format by default)
I think it is possible to Save As - the corresponding MS format, but I don't know that for sure and don't have an instance of OpenOffice to test right at this moment.
And————– The Price is Right!
Doug
tallin
Hello s baghad,
I have MS Office on my PC and Open Office on my network Laptop.
I also agree Open Office is at a good price (free) and does an equally good job so don't bother with MS Office.
kind regards,
edit to correct spelling error
I have MS Office on my PC and Open Office on my network Laptop.
Yes that is correct referring to the above quote. I use both all the time, have my portfolio on both my PC and Laptop formatted in spreadsheet so have utilized the 'save as' format in both many times with success.Doug wrote: I think it is possible to Save As - the corresponding MS format, but I don't know that for sure and don't have an instance of OpenOffice to test right at this moment.
I also agree Open Office is at a good price (free) and does an equally good job so don't bother with MS Office.
kind regards,
edit to correct spelling error
s baghdad
thanks
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI