Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Saving Microsoft Office on re-install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scinter

scinter

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

Hi. I am new to the forums I bought a computer second-hand, and it has numerous problems. It only came with the Windows XP CD when I got the computer. There was no Microsoft Office CD. I would like to reformat my computer and re-install everything again. How can I save the Microsoft Office suite on my computer already so that I can re-install it fully after re-formatting my computer? Where do I go and what must I do? If someone could kindly let me know, I'd appreciate it

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:17 AM

Hi and welcome to the WTT forums. :welcome: If the intention is to format and reinstall windows because of a fault or faults with the operating system or software that cannot be resolved in a timely and cost efficient way....then you will need the Microsoft Office installation disc(s) and the product key. It is not really feasible to save your existing MSOffice Suite in the way you suggest. If however if you made a disc image, at a time when your machine was running fast and sweet and with no problems, (viruses or system faults) then you could fit a new hard drive and reimage to the state it was in when the image was made. If you do this then you should normally remove Windows from the old hard drive. Otherwise perhaps you could contact the previous owner of the machine and get them to post you the disc(s) Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate