Hi. I am new to the forums
I bought a computer second-hand, and it has numerous problems.
It only came with the Windows XP CD when I got the computer. There was no Microsoft Office CD.
I would like to reformat my computer and re-install everything again.
How can I save the Microsoft Office suite on my computer already so that I can re-install it fully after re-formatting my computer?
Where do I go and what must I do?
If someone could kindly let me know, I'd appreciate it
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums.
If the intention is to format and reinstall windows because of a fault or faults with the operating system or software that cannot be resolved in a timely and cost efficient way….then you will need the Microsoft Office installation disc(s) and the product key.
It is not really feasible to save your existing MSOffice Suite in the way you suggest.
If however if you made a disc image, at a time when your machine was running fast and sweet and with no problems, (viruses or system faults) then you could fit a new hard drive and reimage to the state it was in when the image was made. If you do this then you should normally remove Windows from the old hard drive.
Otherwise perhaps you could contact the previous owner of the machine and get them to post you the disc(s)
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI