This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Wireless connection stopped working

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am rather clueless about his side of computers as usually my friend sets it up. Anyhow my problem is that my wireless internet connection has just suddenly stopped working. My understanding of how it is set up is as follows. Main PC has direct connection from cable network, (works ok) 2nd PC has wireless connection (works ok) Laptop has wireless connection (not connecting) I have looked at network connections on the laptop but it means nothing to me. `Local area connection` network cable unplugged `wireless network connection` limited or no connectivity. Can anyone help this novice. thanks
Hi Scudo,

`wireless network connection` limited or no connectivity.

Try this. right click on the above iten and click on repair
Report back on any messages you receive
Regards
paws
I clicked on `wireless network connections` as below.
The line for `wireless network connection` reads… not connected firewalled under status.

[external image: Posted Image]

And the message I got was…..

[external image: Posted Image]
Paws, It now seems to be working again. I switched everything off disconnected the modem, router. Re connected everything switched it all on and it has started to work again. Hopefully it is now sorted. thanks for taking the time on this. regards scudo

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI