Not able to connect my laptop wireless at home
I can get on my Home page and I can search on my laptop but not able to use the wireless connection
When I connect with ethernet cord it works
Not sure what to do
I removed the wireless connection and placed it back on .. still having the same problem
please help
Thanks
With Wireless and Ethernet both active, please do the following:
Click on Start then Run or press Window key (next to left Ctrl key) +R and paste the following into the Run box, exactly as shown, including double quotes:
A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close.
If you don't have a Run selection off the Start menu, see here: Enable Run Command on Windows 7 or Vista Start Menu
Your internet/wireless is working fine. You have a good IP Address (IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.67(Preferred)) and you can ping to an external site on the internet:
Pinging yahoo.com [72.30.38.140] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 72.30.38.140: bytes=32 time=135ms TTL=55
Reply from 72.30.38.140: bytes=32 time=110ms TTL=55
Reply from 72.30.38.140: bytes=32 time=284ms TTL=55
Reply from 72.30.38.140: bytes=32 time=237ms TTL=55
If you can get to your home page and search (Google?) then it sounds like you may have picked up some kind of malware. Before I direct you to our malware area, can you provide a link (URL) of the home page and search site you can get to?
What exactly is not working? What do you do and what happens please.
I can still do a search within google it is when I click on the link I have a problem
and if I am doing it without the ethernet connection … it goes into a long wait and message comes up cannot display page
You could also give Dial-A-Fix a try, see if it helps. Note the warning on the author's web site then decide if you want tot try it. I've used it dozens of times and never had a problem but it would be a good idea to back up your My Documents folder before use just6 in case.
So when I click on a link … it goes into the spinning mode .. when I am trying to use wireless connection only
I am using windows 7 on my laptop
and I tried to use Winsock ..but it said that it was not compatible
Do steps 3 and 4 then Start Repairs.
Click the Start button to begin, you will next see a window where you chose what to repair.
Click the Unselect All button.
Check the following:
Repair Windows Firewall
Repair Internet Explorer
Repair Hosts File
Remove Policies Set By Infections
Repair Winsock && DNS Cache
Remove Temp Files
Repair Proxy Settings
Sorry for taking forever to get back …
I did run Windows repair all in one
but I still have to use a ethernet cord to connect to the internet
Not sure if you have anymore suggestions …. I really do not know what else to do
Thanks
Also sorry for just finding your post. I guess you have it solved by now but fyi, laptops have a key that resembles a wireless tower and when pressed, disables the laptop from using the internet. Once clicked again the laptop connects to the internet. Try that key. Sometimes you have to click the key and select the tower without the red cross or line.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI