Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

lost internet connection on my main pc but wireless laptops are ok

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 echo

echo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:43 AM

I lost my internet connection on my main pc where i have a wireless router connected. But the 2 wireless laptops i have at home are ok and can connect to the internet. The last thing i did was update my S&D spyware. I have zone alarm running full time too. The 2 laptops are using firefox as a browser while the pc is still on explorer. I replaced the cable from the network card to the wireless router and still no connection. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Guest_tonepaq_*

Guest_tonepaq_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:02 PM

FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS REBOOT ALL MODEMS/ROUTERS AND TRY AGAIN,ALSO IF YOUR ROUTER HAS MULTIPLE PORTS TO PLUG INTO HAVE YOU TRIED OTHER ONES?

#3 echo

echo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:08 AM

Hey Tonepac! Thanks for answering my posts. I did what you suggested and with a thorough inspection of my network configuration (like disabling, enabling device drivers, obtaining automatic IP address settings instead of manually doing it) i got my internet connection back. Thanks for the fast reply!