This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

lost internet connection on my main pc but wireless laptops are ok

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I lost my internet connection on my main pc where i have a wireless router connected. But the 2 wireless laptops i have at home are ok and can connect to the internet. The last thing i did was update my S&D spyware. I have zone alarm running full time too. The 2 laptops are using firefox as a browser while the pc is still on explorer. I replaced the cable from the network card to the wireless router and still no connection. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS REBOOT ALL MODEMS/ROUTERS AND TRY AGAIN,ALSO IF YOUR ROUTER HAS MULTIPLE PORTS TO PLUG INTO HAVE YOU TRIED OTHER ONES?
Hey Tonepac! Thanks for answering my posts. I did what you suggested and with a thorough inspection of my network configuration (like disabling, enabling device drivers, obtaining automatic IP address settings instead of manually doing it) i got my internet connection back. Thanks for the fast reply!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI