This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Ventrilo and sound problems

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello everyone, i have, a somewhat weird problem. I have been looking around to see if anyone had any similar problems, but none that are of my nature. Soo without further Adieu.. I Recently reinstalled Ventrilo to talk on, but whenever i join a server all my sound is muted, soo i cannot hear anyone talk, I suddenly wouldnt be able to hear my music or any in game sound, or any sound for that matter. It does not literally mute it, but all the sound is disabled, and once i shut Ventrilo down everything works fine. Also another interesting thing i noticed is, If i am in a server and cannot hear anything, once i open the setup tab in Ventrilo, the sound will come back. It's really weird and have no idea what could be the problem, i tried restarting, and reinstalling Ventrilo, i also tried plugging in headphones and unplugging my mic but it all was a no go. Anyways, any help or support with this would help a lot. Thanks in advance!
If there is anyone who has had this problem or may know the reason please post a comment. It would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance
I've never had this problem but when it happens check your computers sound settings, right click the Speaker Icon in the quick start menu and see if Ventrilo muted them. If your computer's volume is still fine, go back and check Ventrilo's again. Also: When you go to Ventrilo's volume setup you say it fixes the sound, when you exit out of the setup does the sound still work? Or is it only when the volume options are open? Do you still get sound from your computer when Ventrilo is up and it's only peoples voices that you can't hear?
Yaa whenever the Setup is open the volume works again, Any tab in the Setup seems to allow sound through, When vent is open, no sounds come through at all. It doesnt seem to mute Anything when Ventrilo is open. It seems more or like it just disables all my sound somehow. I have no clue why or how its doing this, i have been using ventrilo for 4 years and never had this problem or heard of it before. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Hey guys..I have Ventrilo 3.0.5 on Windows 7 and I cant hear other people talking..All other programms are fine..Only Ventrilo is not working…Anyone know any solutions?thanks
:wacko: We have been using vent for years!! And all the usual need to fix , or update drivers , is something muted ? All is well , It seems to be a problem with vent .. Several of our clan members , can hear us but we cant hear them…. Uninstalled , re- updated drivers ( which they didnt need ) re-installed , they got new headsets ect…….. Still same problem.. Allow outgoing voice is inabled , but nothing , read all the forums on vent , but nothing popped that helped…
The only thing I can say , is to give everything above a try , Also tho it might be your usb port has went bad , wont identify your headset… So try to plug it into a diff port… After posting above you Nami , I had that prob ,, I could hear them but they coulndt hear me.. My fix was simple tho… Just moved headset to another port & worked fine.. You might try Ventilo's forum , There are fixes for certain ppl , that have Vista , ect… I really dont understand why all of a sudden everyone is having so much trouble with it.. . Good Luck!
Heya Thanks Riata, you solution worked, it didn't recognize my headset, that's why. Still, I can't talk on ventrilo when I'm playing Wow tho. I can hear them, but can't talk back. I have to minimize wow so I can come on vent and talk back. It pretty sucks. Thanks for your help tho, at least I got sound.
;-) Im glad part of it worked .. Yea Im not sure about WoW but all the ones having problems are using stream to play the latest cod 2 … Just a though.. IF you can safely unistall that game without losing anything , then see if any other programs that use sound , an old game , music , ect.. have problems & of course your vent.. GL
Hey I have a similar problem, when I connect to vent, the connect and disconnect sounds work, but not switching channels or anyones voices, I cannot hear anyone speak. It's the same through headphones, my headset and speakers, just the sound in general and I've made sure everyones not on mute and nothing seems to work :/ Help!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI