This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Mic Stopped Working Over Night?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey i'm back with a interesting problem..before I went to sleep last night my mic was fine and all talking on Ventrilo but today i get on everyone says all they hear is fuzz,static, or nothing at all :X I tried windows sound recorder..nothing ive tried a different mic in this computer nothing.. any idea on whats going on here? <_< Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hey i'm back with a interesting problem..before I went to sleep last night my mic was fine and all talking on Ventrilo but today i get on everyone says all they hear is fuzz,static, or nothing at all :X I tried windows sound recorder..nothing ive tried a different mic in this computer nothing.. any idea on whats going on here? <_< Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.


Hi 1337forum user,

Yes this is annoying especially if you have not changed any settings. I suggest you right click on your volume control near the clock, then check all your settings when it opens, then click on Options>properties and see that all four items are enabled and that your mixer device is set correctly. In my case it is set on USB AUDIO. I am running Windows XP/SP2.

kind regards,

Hey i'm back with a interesting problem..before I went to sleep last night my mic was fine and all talking on Ventrilo but today i get on everyone says all they hear is fuzz,static, or nothing at all :X I tried windows sound recorder..nothing ive tried a different mic in this computer nothing.. any idea on whats going on here? <_< Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.


Hi 1337forum user,
Yes this is annoying especially if you have not changed any settings. I suggest you right click on your volume control near the clock, then check all your settings when it opens, then click on Options>properties and see that all four items are enabled and that your mixer device is set correctly. In my case it is set on USB AUDIO. I am running Windows XP/SP2.
kind regards,


If you are still having problems with sound maybe this site may help.

http://www.wxpnews.com/H958GL/070814-Sound-Problems

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI