Someone on a malaware removal forum recently helped me clean my computer off malaware and it is now running much, much better. In the process (several scans), the sound seems to have disappeared. I checked everything (I think!) and even reinstalled 4 drivers last night. I still get no sound. I checked the connections too, of course.
Any idea what I should do to find out what's wrong and how to get my sound functions back?
Thanks!
Please Go to
1: STARTand the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter
To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 19 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI