This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Wireless going off and on

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

All.. Can someone help me with my wireless. I was advised by LD tate to post my issue here.. What information would you need?? Thanks, Rob
Well, you can start by listing your computer, networking, and wireless devices, your operating system, number of computers affected, what you have done so far to fix it. Did it ever work?
Dell Laptop wth Vista 32 bit system. linksys wireless What I have done? tried to reset the wireless adapter.. Also I noticed that there are more then my network on mine.. What else would you need?
Still need to know if it ever worked, and if other computers work.

I noticed that there are more then my network on mine..

What does this mean?
yes, there is another computer that works off of it too.. but not as much as mine.. and it works .. like now I am on it.. and yes it's always worked fine.. but it just is off and on sometimes.. But next to my name, there is a yellow triangle.. what does that mean? I hope that this helps … I am not a wireless genius… Rob
Have you checked the Dell website for newer drivers than you have now for the Wireless adapter ? If the adapter is a Built-in one, then check at Dell's website. If the adapter is plugged into the laptop by you, then you would check the website of the MFR of that wireless device for driver updates. Tallon41

Did I loose you??

Hmm, no. Sorry, I did not get notice of your last reply.

So you mean there is another computer on your network that works fine. That's good. I was confused when you said another "network".

I agree, check the makers site for drivers.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI