[UPDATE] Please close this thread. I spoke with Dell, and was able to reset my factory settings. Thanks!

I purchased a Dell DIM E520,Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4300 (1.8GHz,800FSB) with 2MB cache and Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit Edition English on 02/24/2007 to replace my Dell DIM 3000 (purchased in April 2005) which had died. After a lot of searching, I found a friend who was willing to work on my old hard drive. He "cleaned" it and after purchasing an external box, I connected my old hard drive to my new computer.

Once that was done, I purchased Spy Sweeper from Webroot on May 29, 2008 and installed it on my DIM E520. My computer has not worked correctly since then, so I uninstalled it and requested a refund on June 1. My AOL software needs to be downloaded and installed every time I logoff; I cannot access either my AOL nor my AIM mail accounts through IE, and my BigFishGames Game Manager has totally stopped working. I tried to access my external hard drive, and discovered that it was corrupt. I returned it to my friend, and he removed Windows XP after discovering a worm. I don't need an OS on that drive, since I have Vista on my primary hard drive. He keeps running checks on the external drive, and has discovered a worm that has created at least seven partitions.

In the past week or so, my Mozilla browser has been acting up. A search will cause the browser to fail and close; typing in a URL may or may not take me where I want to go.

I purchased Norton 360 over the weekend, and ran it several times hoping it would find something that is causing my problems. Unfortunately, no such luck. I'm ready to pitch this computer and buy a new one, but I'm hoping someone here can help me before I take that drastic step. I can't find the CDs that *should have* shipped with this computer from Dell, so I can't reformat the hard drive and start over.

Thanks!

[UPDATE] Please close this thread. I spoke with Dell, and was able to reset my factory settings. Thanks!