This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Hijack log

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This is a description of my problem over the past week:

I suspect I had a virus last Saturday. Whatever happened I was completely locked out of my McAfee ISS 6.0. Also, I have AOL and still cannot access websites through my AOL browser. I receive an error message that states "The operation could not be completed due to low memory or hard drive space. Please close one or more windows, then try again." The only way I can gain web site access is through my Internet Explorer … I have to minimize my AOL. In AOL I can read my mail and certain AOL features but that's about it. I can't open the AOL virus information either. I spent an hour on the phone with AOL last Saturday and they determined my problem has nothing to do with them. I also uninstalled and reinstalled my AOL software just to be sure. Last Saturday I could not uninstall my McAfee either. Since reading the boards I've been able to uninstall my old McAfee but I cannot install the newer version. When I put the disc in it reads it … I click on Install it says "preparing to install" and then just stops. Despite everything I've done the past four days it still won't install.

I have Windows XP-sp2 home. Pentium 4. IE version 6.0. 511MB memory. I had ISS 6.0 and uninstalled it completely. I have nothing installed currently as I can't install the disk. I'm connected to the internet through AOL cable broadband. I'm in the USA.

I've done just about every virus scan posted on McAfee forums and they're all coming up clean. I even did them in safe mode and DOS. I've also done numerous Ad-aware scans and cleaned up all infected files. I've cleaned all the McAfee files off of the directory as per the posts there. I've also deleted them through the Explorer file. I downloaded the TuneUp system and defragmented and cleaned the directory files. I honestly have done everything that I've read on this board and now am at a complete loss. I've spent about 4-5 hours a night trying everything and nothing has helped. Can someone please help me?

I've done so many online virus scans and they're all coming up clean of viruses. I did a adware scan yesterday with xclean_micro and finally removed some difficult spyware. The McAfee board told me to post my log here. I'm not really sure what to do after this but I do appreciate any help you can give. Here's my Hijack log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:57:22 AM, on 6/2/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PROMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\GWMDMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\waol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\111741~1\EE\AOLHOS~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\111741~1\EE\AOLServiceHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\NMSSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Shannon and Joel\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.keithurban.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gatewaybiz.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gatewaybiz.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.lexmark.com/MD/?func=newreg&lan…0409&os=5&src=1
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PROMon.exe] PROMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMMSG] GWMDMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMpi] C:\WINDOWS\GWMDMpi.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X74-X75] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DXM6Patch_981116] C:\WINDOWS\p_981116.exe /Q:A
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1117412201\EE\AOLHostManager.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOL Fast Start] "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\AOL.EXE" -b
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] \Program\BackWeb-8876480.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsearch.com/menusearch.html?p=ZCYYYYYYYYUS
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {4620BC29-8B8E-4F4E-9D92-1DB6633D6793} (SurferNETWORK Plugin) - http://rd1.surfernetwork.com/surferplugin.ocx
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {556DDE35-E955-11D0-A707-000000521957} - http://www.xblock.com/download/xclean_micro.exe
O16 - DPF: {5E943D9C-F8DC-4258-8E3F-A61BB3405A33} (ZingBatchAXDwnl Class) - http://www.imagestation.com/common/classes…ion=4,3,2,20802
O16 - DPF: {5F0C30E4-1E72-4DCC-85E5-57810F1CA97B} (McUpdatePortalFactory Class) - http://www.amiuptodate.com/vsc/bin/1,0,0,8…pdatePortal.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E28B3A9-FE83-45D1-B657-D5426B81A121} (CustomerCtrl Class) - https://cs8b.instantservice.com/jars/customerxsigned41.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} (YAddBook Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…utocomplete.cab
O16 - DPF: {CC05BC12-2AA2-4AC7-AC81-0E40F83B1ADF} (Live365Player Class) - http://www.live365.com/players/play365.cab
O16 - DPF: {D44C75D8-C827-473E-8F68-A77E42500782} (Uploader Class) - http://photo.walmart.com/photo/uploads/WebUploadClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {F229AB32-7BF9-4225-B78F-B4680AE6FC23} (Snapfish File Upload ActiveX Control) - http://www.snapfish.com/SnapfishUpload.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E364E1F4-E6B1-492B-BFD6-EA23CC461031}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McShield - Logitech, Inc. - (no file)
O23 - Service: mcupdmgr.exe - Logitech, Inc. - (no file)
O23 - Service: MCVSRte - Logitech, Inc. - (no file)
O23 - Service: Intel® NMS (NMSSvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NMSSvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PictureTaker - LANovation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\PCTKRNT.SYS
O23 - Service: PrismXL - Lanovation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: TuneUp WinStyler Theme Service (TUWinStylerThemeSvc) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2004\WinStylerThemeSvc.exe
Shannon3,

So sorry for the delay, just back from vacation. To the good I see your a Keith Urban fan, :D my wife would love you.

Have you recently installed Service Pack 2, there have been some known issues with that although I have installed it on about 3 dozen computers and have had no problems.

DO THIS FIRST
Your HIJACKTHIS program is current, but it is very important that it resides in its own folder.
We will use Hijackthis (HJT) to make changes to your system and HJT will make backups of those changes,
If HJT is not in its own folder, those backups could be lost.

Easy to fix,
* just go to MY COMPUTER > YOUR C:\ DRIVE and create a new folder and name it HIJACKTHIS .
* Now scroll to where you have HJT currently, right click on the HJT icon and select CUT .
* Now open the new folder you just created and right click within that folder and select PASTE .
* Now HJT should reside in C:\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

Run Hijackthis SCAN ONLY and put a checkmark in the following entries, close all open windows and browsers and click on fix checked.

* R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)
* O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsearch.com/menusearch.html?p=ZCYYYYYYYYUS
* O16 - DPF: {4620BC29-8B8E-4F4E-9D92-1DB6633D6793} (SurferNETWORK Plugin) - http://rd1.surfernetwork.com/surferplugin.ocx
* O16 - DPF: {5E943D9C-F8DC-4258-8E3F-A61BB3405A33} (ZingBatchAXDwnl Class) - http://www.imagestation.com/common/classes…ion=4,3,2,20802
* O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
* O16 - DPF: {8E28B3A9-FE83-45D1-B657-D5426B81A121} (CustomerCtrl Class) - https://cs8b.instantservice.com/jars/customerxsigned41.cab



Why dont your install the newer versions of both Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware SE Personal. Here are the set up instructions for both, you can download them from the link in my signature.


* Install Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4

* If you have the older version 1.3, remove it via ADD-REMOVE PROGRAMS.

Go to START/ CONTROL PANEL/ PERFORMANCE AND MAINTAINENCE/ ADD-REMOVE
PROGRAMS
scroll to that program and click on REMOVE.

* During Installation, just follow all the defaults.
* Go to MODE and click on ADVANCED MODE.
* Then to SETTINGS / IGNORE PRODUCTS and put a checkmark in DSO EXPLOITS.
* Then to SETTINGS / FILE SETS and take the checkmark out ofUSAGE TRACKS.
* Then to TOOLS/ HOSTS FILE and then on the top click on ADD SPYBOT S & D HOSTS FILES.
* Then to TOOLS/ IE TWEAKS and put a checkmark in LOCK THE HOSTS FILES
* Then check for UPDATES.
* Then to Immunize. then up at the top by the GREEN SIGN, click on IMMUNIZE.
* Then go to the top to SPYBOT and run a FULL SYSTEM SCAN.
* Then to FIX PROBLEMS and fix all it finds.

Then RE-BOOT your computer.


AD-AWARE SE PERSONAL 1.06

If you have an older version of AD-AWARE You can remove it via
the ADD-REMOVE PROGRAMS IN THE CONTROL PANEL


* During installation, follow all the defaults.
* Start the program and CHECK FOR UPDATES
* Choose PERFORM FULL SYSTEM SCAN
* Take the checkmark out of SEARCH FOR NEGLIGIBLE RISK FILES
* Run the scan
* When it is done, RIGHT CLICK ON ONE OF THE ENTRIES/ SELECT ALL/ NEXT and let it remove all that if finds.

Here are some online virus scanners, if you ran them already, then thats ok to skip them. Be sure to set them to Auto-Clean or to Fix what it finds. Please post anything that it found that it could not fix.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php

You can also download and install the 30 trial of Trojan Hunter, run the scan and see what it finds.
http://www.trojanhunter.com/

After you run all the scans, post a new HJT log. if I don't see anything wrong, then your problem may be hardware or software related and I can direct you to some excellent windows tech support forums.
Hi Ken545, It was my turn for vacation. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you now. I printed out your instructions and I'll be back as soon as I'm done. Thanks so much for helping me out. I've been dealing with this for almost a month now. Shannon
Yes, I'm a huge Keith Urban fan. I even have a live show coming up in a couple of weeks. It used to be that no one had ever heard of him and now everyone knows who he is.

Okay … I did all that you instructed me to do. I ran the updated Spybot and AD-AWARE scans and cleaned everything that came up. I also ran a Panda scan which came up clean. Here's the HJT log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:56:27 PM, on 6/18/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PROMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\NMSSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\GWMDMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\111741~1\EE\AOLHOS~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\111741~1\EE\AOLServiceHost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\shellmon.exe
C:\HIJACKTHIS\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.keithurban.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gatewaybiz.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gatewaybiz.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.lexmark.com/MD/?func=newreg&lan…0409&os=5&src=1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PROMon.exe] PROMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMMSG] GWMDMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMpi] C:\WINDOWS\GWMDMpi.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X74-X75] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DXM6Patch_981116] C:\WINDOWS\p_981116.exe /Q:A
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1117412201\EE\AOLHostManager.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOL Fast Start] "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\AOL.EXE" -b
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] \Program\BackWeb-8876480.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {556DDE35-E955-11D0-A707-000000521957} - http://www.xblock.com/download/xclean_micro.exe
O16 - DPF: {5F0C30E4-1E72-4DCC-85E5-57810F1CA97B} (McUpdatePortalFactory Class) - http://www.amiuptodate.com/vsc/bin/1,0,0,8…pdatePortal.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} (YAddBook Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…utocomplete.cab
O16 - DPF: {CC05BC12-2AA2-4AC7-AC81-0E40F83B1ADF} (Live365Player Class) - http://www.live365.com/players/play365.cab
O16 - DPF: {D44C75D8-C827-473E-8F68-A77E42500782} (Uploader Class) - http://photo.walmart.com/photo/uploads/WebUploadClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {F229AB32-7BF9-4225-B78F-B4680AE6FC23} (Snapfish File Upload ActiveX Control) - http://www.snapfish.com/SnapfishUpload.cab
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McShield - Logitech, Inc. - (no file)
O23 - Service: mcupdmgr.exe - Logitech, Inc. - (no file)
O23 - Service: MCVSRte - Logitech, Inc. - (no file)
O23 - Service: Intel® NMS (NMSSvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NMSSvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PictureTaker - LANovation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\PCTKRNT.SYS
O23 - Service: PrismXL - Lanovation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: TuneUp WinStyler Theme Service (TUWinStylerThemeSvc) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2004\WinStylerThemeSvc.exe
Shannon3, Use the link in my signature and download and install CWShredder. Download it to your desktop, close all open windows and click on Fix. Then post a new log. I will be away for a few hours so I will check your new log when I return later this evenng. It dosen't look to bad, but run CWS and post a new log and lets be sure before we address your other problems.
I just downloaded the CWShredder but it's giving me an error with IE while installing. It happened to me a couple weeks ago when I tried to install it then too. Any other suggestions?
Shannon3 If you saved it to a folder on your hard drive or to your desktop and closed out IE, I don't know why IE would be giving you an error. What does the error say?? Ken My wife is also a big Rascal Flatts fan. Not bad for New Yourkers. :D
It says "it has encountered a problem and has to close". Then it asks if I want to send the problem to Microsoft. I just tried it again and it appears it's not an IE problem it just won't let me run it or install it. I have it saved in a separate folder in my Program Files.
Shannon3,

Your log looks very clean and free of any Malware or Viruses. I just wanted to run CWshredder to check for any bits and pieces that may be left over. Try running CWShredder in Safemode and see if it will let you run it. Instructions here…

To Enter SAFEMODE

* Go to START/ SHUT OF YOUR COMPUTER/ RESTART
* As the computer starts to boot-up, Tap the F8 KEY somewhat rapidly, this will bring up a menu.
* Use the UP AND DOWN ARROW KEYS to scroll up to SAFEMODE
* Then press the ENTER KEY ON YOUR KEYBOARD


If you cant, then I am going to refer you to a few Windows Tech Support sites that specialize in this sort of thing. What I would do is to list all the info about your system as far as Operating System, memory, Processor speed and such. You won't need to post a Hijack log unless they ask for it. Be sure to tell them that you posted here and that it was deemed that your system is clean of any viruses or Malware. Be very specific as to what the problem is your having.

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=83
http://www.windowsbbs.com/
http://hwg.mazin.net/hardwareguys/hwgboard/ikonboard.cgi

After all your waiting, I am so sorry that I can't help you any further. But at least at this point we know that it is not a virus causing you all this trouble.

Post back and let me know if you where able to run CWS in safemode and if it cleaned anything.

Ken
I just tried running it in Safe Mode and it still gave me the same error. I appreciate all your help. I'll post on one of those boards you suggested. I'm also going to head back to McAfee since they told me to come back after you did all you could. Hopefully, I'll get some answers soon. Thanks again Ken. Shannon
That's okay really. I think that's the main reason McAfee sent me over here. They had to be sure all that was cleared off before they could help me install my security suite. I was never really sure if I had a virus or not. I had a bunch of malware but no viruses. What ever happened definitely tweaked my windows. Hopefully now that they know I'm clean they'll be able to help me out. Thanks again for everything. Shannon
As this topic has been resolved, the thread will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link:
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI