Deleted Member
Topic Starter
Hello:
I have a Dell XPS laptop that runs Windows XP. For the last 2 years no problems at all. I am on a Time Warner cable modem and my desktop has a router that sends an excellent signal to my laptop.
I was on vacation last week in Disney (Orlando) and my hotel had a wireless connection that I used when I was there. A Microsoft Update came through for SP3 when we were there and the download began but I'm not sure if it ever went through since I was never asked to restart and there was never any confirmation of the install. In fact, this morning I went to Microsoft and the SP3 was still available and it downloaded and installed completely this AM. I had hoped that this would solve the problem but nothing has changed.
Anyway, my internet connection is HORRIBLE. It takes forever to view a web page (that's if it doesn't just time out completely). I use Internet Explorer 6.0. Also, I use Outlook Express (6.0) for my e-mail and I can receive e-mail, but it won't let me SEND it.
Everything else on the computer seems to work normally.
I have run Spybot Search and Destroy and Adware 6 and they found only a few minor things but even after this, same problem. I tried using System Restore back to a date before my troubles began and no dice. I also run Spyware Guard at all times. I ran my McAfee antivirus stuff (which is updated daily) and it finds absolutely nothing.
I know this isn't the forum for this, but here is my Hijack This Logfile from this morning:
I DID THIS STUFF FIRST:
Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Clear "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.
Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Download - ATF Cleaner»
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
Edited to remove inline HJT log, added as attachment (Ztruker)
You know what? I just noticed that at the top of this logfile, it still says SP2. I guess my SP3 install is STILL not complete. Not sure if this is significant or not.
I would GREATLY appreciate some help with this problem.
Thanks so much for any help you can supply!
I have a Dell XPS laptop that runs Windows XP. For the last 2 years no problems at all. I am on a Time Warner cable modem and my desktop has a router that sends an excellent signal to my laptop.
I was on vacation last week in Disney (Orlando) and my hotel had a wireless connection that I used when I was there. A Microsoft Update came through for SP3 when we were there and the download began but I'm not sure if it ever went through since I was never asked to restart and there was never any confirmation of the install. In fact, this morning I went to Microsoft and the SP3 was still available and it downloaded and installed completely this AM. I had hoped that this would solve the problem but nothing has changed.
Anyway, my internet connection is HORRIBLE. It takes forever to view a web page (that's if it doesn't just time out completely). I use Internet Explorer 6.0. Also, I use Outlook Express (6.0) for my e-mail and I can receive e-mail, but it won't let me SEND it.
Everything else on the computer seems to work normally.
I have run Spybot Search and Destroy and Adware 6 and they found only a few minor things but even after this, same problem. I tried using System Restore back to a date before my troubles began and no dice. I also run Spyware Guard at all times. I ran my McAfee antivirus stuff (which is updated daily) and it finds absolutely nothing.
I know this isn't the forum for this, but here is my Hijack This Logfile from this morning:
I DID THIS STUFF FIRST:
Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Clear "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.
Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Download - ATF Cleaner»
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
Edited to remove inline HJT log, added as attachment (Ztruker)
You know what? I just noticed that at the top of this logfile, it still says SP2. I guess my SP3 install is STILL not complete. Not sure if this is significant or not.
I would GREATLY appreciate some help with this problem.
Thanks so much for any help you can supply!