This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Intermittent internet connection

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Since downloading SP3 for Windows XP a few days ago, I have an intermittent internet connection. The connection can be restored by hitting repairing the connection in Network Connections, but the connection only lasts a short while. I have disengaged the Windows firewall, which was the problem when I last had connection problems after downloading SP2. But it has not helped. I am connected wirelessly: Dell truemobile adapter, Netgear modem. Help?
Do you use Norton security software? There have been issues with Norton after SP3 is installed. If so please set your security level to medium. This can also be caused by Mcafee if the security setting is set too high.
Thanks! I did try all that the link suggested, to no avail. I removed SP3, and the problem with it! Everything appears to be back to normal. Thanks all for the help!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI