This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

outlook express + xp sp3

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Until I installed sp3 to my xp home, outlook express ran fine. Since the installation of sp3, O.E. is unstable, e.g., my wife's emails from her web based server were transferred to O.E. with out us doing anything. There were issues with newsgroups we never encountered before also. We no longer use O.E. but were curious if others had the same problem? Thank you
Hi I have installed Sp3 on to all my XP machines and also on to about 35 or so of my customer's machines…..no problems on any of them …..so far! All the machines were cleaned up (all junk deleted) undesirable elements removed and the hard drives checked, together with all Windows protected system files before the install of Sp3 was attempted. After disconnecting from the internet and stopping anti virus, and any other open applications etc .from running, the installation was initiated. As part of the preparatory work a full back up was made for each machine (disc image) so in the event of trouble it would have been very simple to put things back to as they were. Seems to work Ok this way for me Regards paws
I have reinstalled sp3 on my desktop and laptop after cleaning clutter out. I used the disk but was not as thorough as you. In the future I will disconnect from the internet and disable my a/v program. All seems to work well now. Thank you
Well done and I'm delighted that you are good to go.. :thumbup: I tend to use a bit of "overkill" when installing a large and comprehensive service pack like SP2 or 3…..the customers are quick to complain if everything doesn't go 100% smoothly…….so I find it's best to do it the long way…it often works out quicker in the long run! Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI