This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem running Need for Speed Carbon

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, For the longest while, I have been struggling to get my copy of Need for Speed Carbon to run on my laptop with no luck. Installation process goes fine, but, after doubling clicking the NFS Icon, a black screen appears then returns to the desktop and nothing happens. I have updated my display driver, updated my directx verison, re-installed the game, turned off my anit-virus and firewall but nothing works. Please help. System Specs are: Acer Travel 3260 Laptop Microsoft Windwos Service Pack 3 Intel ® Core ™ Duo CPU T2450 @ 2.00GHz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family 1GB RAM Arvid.
Do you have XP or vista?

Also try this:

Go find the .exe file in the programs folder. Right click on it and select properties. Next, click the compatibility tab and select the Windows 98 option.


If that doesn't work I suggest you uncheck the checkbox for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" so it's back to normal.
Try going into the Need for Speed Carbon folder under C:\Program Files and renaming your MOVIES folder to something else (any name). If that doesn't work, change it back again.
I actually don't have NFS or any racing games at all. I play mostly FPSs though, which take even better specs than most other games, so I'm used to troubleshooting my own problems.

I'm running: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2
I have: Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 3.00GHz and a gig of RAM
Currently have 22.1 gigs of free disk space (out of 93.1gb).


I'm currently looking at this: http://dawnerd.wordpress.com/2006/11/11/ne…vista-problems/
As it contains several fixes as well as many others with similar problems. However none of them seems to be working for you. I even made a post about your specs and the problem to see if anyone had a new fix. Take a look at it and see if you find anything new.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI