This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Company of Hereos

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Newb here- I just got a new Dell XPS M1330, capable of running CoH. It is running Vista Home Premium. Upon install (which seems to go fine) the game attempts to boot up but all I get is a black screen. Nothing else happens. RelicCoH is running on my computer but not doing anything. Closing out of the window I attempt to install the latest patch, thinking that this might be the problem. Neither patch (1.70-1.71, 2.101-2.102) will install. One cites that the install is an "unrecognized version", the other tells me "Patching process cant locate the game". A quick look at C:/ shows the game files are there, and I don't get any errors on installation. The game is listed in "Games" section. Any attempt to run the game results in the same black screen as before. Things I have tried: Installing Direct X9c Uninstall and Reinstall Ad Nausem Updated to most recent Video Drivers Anyone here have any ideas why this game wont run? I was really looking forward to playing this game. Dell has tried to help and cant, and THQ says its a driver issue and wont help. Edit: I gave up on CoH, and installed Civ4. It worked well (minus the sound not working?) but when I tried to patch it I got the same "Civ4 must previously be installed… Can not detect an installed copy of civilization 4. This tells me its something in my windows settings. Hopefully this helps solve the problem.
Hi Karpet2003,

Here is lots of reading on your error code 10267 with other information that may help you.

I do not play games do not know anything about them, but if you read and/or google your exact problem you will get good help from the result.

What RAM have you got as I read that lots of it is a must for playing games.

Also have a good look in Add and Remove to see if the game is installed correctly there.

kind regards,
Nice work for a "non-gamer" Tallin. :thumbup:

Karpet2003 I hope you post back with your eventual solution, so that others can learn from your work. :)

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI