This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Update Breaks Internet Access for Zone Alarm Users!

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I stumbled across your website a few minutes ago (my wife's laptop had access to the internet but couldn't display web pages anyway). The problem you described (Windows Update breaks Internet Access for Zone Alarm users) attracted my attention as a possible solution for me (I've been working on it all day). YOU WERE RIGHT!! It took me less than two minutes to fix this problem I've spent several hours on already. Thank you! And spread the word. I'm sure you are also right that this will become a hot topic very quickly!!!!
Check Point has fixed the bug and has released V7.0.483.000. I recommend all users of ZoneAlarm Free, ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus, ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm Security Suite ZA upgrade immediately. Check Point also updated their Security Advisory and provided links to the new versions here.
Yep, I 've just installed the updated ZA "483 issue" on my private customer's machines and all is back to normal on all of them. That's 10 happy customers…….
I suspect the overall number is much larger, but good deal anyway. I have a question that begs to be asked, namely earlier in the borads one of the administrative guys indicated he did not have ZonePro on his list of "buys". What else is out there that ne better? Hopefully it is not McAfee, as I have issues with that on another pc. My program DOES NOT remember allowed programs. I have to select "Allow" everytime I run a couple of them, even though they are LISTED in the allowed programs. Further the help from the help desks have not been helpful in resoiving this issue. Sorry about hijacking the thread, but I spent 2 hours on the phone and still did not get the issue resolved.

What else is out there that ne better?

Sorry about hijacking the thread, but I spent 2 hours on the phone and still did not get the issue resolved.

Yes, that is for another discussion. FTW, my wife still loves ZAP, as do many. If you have questions about another product, please start a new thread.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI