This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Hijackthis v1.991 and Vista Home Premium

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:wavey: Hi there all, I have to admit it's been a while since I was on the forum. A couple of years ago, you guys fixed some major problems with my PC and it's still going fine so far! I just wanted to know whether the following programmes (that you advised me to run back then) are still OK or should I really be deleting them and using some better ones? The apps I'm using that you recommended 18 months ago are:- C Cleaner, SpywareGuard and Spyware Blaster. Would be good to know if these are still the best or are they now better Apps that you would regard as the minimum set to protect and manage your PC? If there are better replacements, then should I remove the older ones? Keep up all of the great work! vinylman :D
Hi there, Can someone please confirm whether Hijackthis ver 1.991 works with MS Vista Home Premium OS or does it require HJT ver 2? Thanks, vinylman :wacko:
vinylman,

Welcome back.

HJT version 1.99.1 is outdated and should not be used. The latest version is 2.0.0.2 by Trendmicro and it works fine on Vista.

Another post you had that was never answered is about programs that will run.

CCleaner works fine on both XP and Vista

Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard at the present time works on XP only

Spybot Search and Destroy works on both XP and Vista
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html


Download Trendmicros Hijackthis to your desktop.
Double click it to install
Follow the prompts and by default it will install in C:\Program Files\Trendmicro\Hijackthis\Highjackthis.exe
  • Open HJT Scan and Save a Log File, it will open in Notepad
  • Go to Format and make sure Wordwrap is Unchecked
  • Go to Edit> Select All…..Edit > Copy and Paste the new log into your post if you need to

Ken :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI