This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Recommendations... Please

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Recommendations…. Please I have Adaware SE Personal, Spybot Search and Destroy and Microsoft Windows Antispyware (beta), all are up to date and I have ran them many times but they are not finding why I still have pop-ups. I have downloaded Spyware Nuker 2005 and Spyware Doctor 3.1 for windows, both have discovered Adware, Spyware, Hijack type problems on my computer (44 and 73 potential problems, respectfully). Both of these programs will not remove what they have discovered without paying for the software. I would like to know if anyone has had success with either of these programs in and if so, which one would you recommend buying. I have also run HijackThis and currently have its log on the forum to be analyzed. Hopefully, my pop-up problems will be resolved soon. Thanks for helping, DGS
Hello DGSmith, Welcome to TomCoyote forum. I have not looked at your log but I will give you a little information.

Here is an interesting article: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,…i887624,00.html
There are so many ways to get infected, the best programs will not stop stuff the users allows in via email, visiting sites with poor reputations and not having security tight enough to avoid bad stuff, P2P file sharing, etc.
I just do not trust programs that find stuff and will remove it for a price. At least one of the programs you mention is on SpwareWarriors rouge spyware list, take a look: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm and for the same reason I do not trust the other one. I can not speak to the Microsoft Product, indeed it is still Beta and I understand it has great potential. The other two Ad-aware and Spybot I have used for years and suggest them all I can. I personally suggest these products:
SpywareBlaster
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial49.html
SpywareGuard:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial50.html
IE-Spyad
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial53.html
and of course all are freeware.

I will also toss in the tutorials for Ad-aware and Spybot so you can check to make sure you are running them correctly:
Spybot
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial43.html
Ad-aware
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial48.html
I hope this helps
Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Slyware Warrior
Hello pskelley, Thank you very much….. I will follow you recommendations concerning the above and I will respond again once I have completed your recommendations concerning my HijackThis Log posting. I will respond to that posting on that posting once I have completed your recommendations (after work and when I am at home). Thanks again, David
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI