This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Accidentally Disabled VGA

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I accidentally disabled my VGA on my Dell Laptop and now it boots, shows Windows, then goes to a blank screen. I've tried safe mode, and it sticks at some point and doesn't boot. I've tried rebooting in VGA mode. Doesn't work. Any idea on how to re-enable VGA? I've tried hooking it up to an external monitor. Does the same thing. One would think it would be a simple fix….
Hello, I am more concerned as to why you can not boot in to safe mode. We need to address this issue before we can fix the VGA issue. Do you have a valid disk that has the recovery console? I need to know what operating system you are using (Vista, XP Windows 2000) and the make/model of your computer. It would also help me to know what your level of technical ability is (take a guess).

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI