By the way, Ipconfig/all reports "Node type unknown." I went to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310570, which explains how to deal with this, and tried to follow the instructions there. However, on the Toshiba the sub-folder 'Parameters' contains no value "EnableProxy."
Let Windows XP manage your wireless network connection, see if that changes anything:
Open Network Connections.
Right click on Wireless Network Connection, select Properties.
Click the Wireless Networks tab and check the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" box.
Click OK.
Shutdown and reboot to have this take effect.
You've done a lot of stuff since you posted that information, besides which, it shows a working wired Ethernet connection, but the Wireless connection shows Media disconnected. Are you trying to use both a wired and wireless connection on the same computer?
Yes, that report from ipconfig /all is fairly old, and I shall provide a fresh one, though it may not be for another day or so, as the computer and I shall not be together until then.
Are you asking me to get a report while ethernet is disconnected ?
I'm curious as to how you would get the wireless to work with the Ethernet cable connected? You can have multiple network connections to different domains but I don't think you can have two connected to the same domain in the same computer.
So, can you disconnect the cable, boot up and do the ipconfig /all and post here?
Also, if you have a ethernet connection, why do you want wireless? I'm a little confused.
The MacBook and the ThinkPad, both of which work with wireless, will find the wireless connexion while on-line via ethernet. I want wireless because it is far more convenient. I hope to be able to report back tomorrow with the report from ipconfig /all. Thank you for your interest.
It embarrasses me to say that, despite reminders from me, the lady that owns the note-book still has not reported to me with the details from ipconfig /all. My apologies, and also my thanks for your determined efforts to help me – I am most impressed with this site.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI