This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

VISTA Wireless Conx...

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi All…. Hope someone here can help me resolve a finicky problem I have been experiencing. I am running Vista Home on a Toshiba Satellite L45. The wireless card is a Realtek RTL 8187B 802.11g wireless network adapter. I have a Linksys WRT600N wireless router. The problem I'm experiencing is an intermitten drop of signal and when I go to Connect to a Network, it will say that it Cannot Connect to my wireless network. Most of the time, if I leave it alone, the laptop will conect on its own in a few minutes. Some of the time, it will not connect at all. In order to connect, I would have to go wired to the router. Once connected via wired, the wireless connection will connect as well. Weird…. I just took a peek at the connections, now, the wireless connection has just failed. Any suggestions????? Thanks for all your feedback….. Attached is a snapshot of my settings….. Would you tell me if these settings are correct? Property: 802.11b *** Enabled Channel *** 6 Channel Plan *** Domain_From_EEPROM Fragmentation Threshhold *** 2346 IBSS Default 11b Mode *** Enabled LED control *** Enabled Network Type *** Infrastructure Power Save Mode *** CAM Preamble Mode *** Auto QoS *** Enabled Rate Adaptive *** Enabled RTS Threshold *** 2347 Wireless Mode *** 802.11b/g WMM APSD *** Disabled 📎Wireless_Config.jpg
Hi SashimiOnly I do not know if you still need help with this. I would log into the modem/router and see if you can manually drop it back to wireless G so it matches your network adapter. Cheers Peterm

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI